// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I bet you think this song is about you

Facebook is not evil. But this guy has a point.

3 Comments:

Anonymous terri said...

I don't know, it is kind of a mixed message. Yes, we need to whittle down distractions in our lives that keep us from being on mission. For every time there is a season and if one is in a season where they must study and be alone with God then that is what they should do, but after that we are to go out and make disciples. It sounded like this young man was saying that it was always better to be alone with God than to be socializing on Facebook. There has to be balance and what good is growing in the knowledge of God if we don't then go out and cause others to grow in that same knowledge. With that in mind, Facebook can be a very ripe mission field and one has to spend time on there cultivating relationships in order to open the door to the Gospel. I think the really important thing this young man talked about was the distraction of entertainment, period.This is something each person must wrestle with individually.

5:45 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:30 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Agree wholeheartedly with your take. I've determined that my entertainment-to-worship balance is broken. I prioritize fun, and worship takes a back seat. That is changing, but overall, the video hit me in this general sense. I do believe that we must be in the world and not of the world, but there are times in ones life that the realization of these distractions must be addressed, in my case head on. Just as the internet is a tool - capable of good, it is also very easy for it to become an entertainment device. This particular post was meant to make one think. Are we being sound stewards of our day to day?

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts